CINPLA is a consortium for an integrated experimental, computational, and theoretical approach to address neural plasticity at multiple levels. Our scientific goal is to identify and characterize molecular, cellular, and network contributions to plasticity, and to develop computational and theoretical tools to understand these processes on multiple scales. We will achieve this by integrating experimental biology and computational modeling through collaborative PhD projects that promote interdisciplinary interactions. Further, we will develop a creative and inspiring consortium which aims to deliver groundbreaking research and develop an interdisciplinary and high-quality educational program in Neuroscience at the MN Faculty at UiO.
CINPLA represents a novel combination of disciplines and departments at the MN Faculty at UiO, and want to strengthen neuroscience in the Oslo region by key partners at the Medical Faculty, Biotech center, and NCMM and other institutions OUS, Simula and NMBU/NVH.
- Dept. of Physics: Morten Hjorth-Jensen, Anders Malthe-Sørensen, Gaute T. Einevoll
- Dept. of Biosciences: Marianne Fyhn, Gøran Nilsson, Kristian Gundersen
- Dept. of Informatics: Hans Petter Langtangen, Philip Häfliger
- Medical faculty, IMB: Torkel Hafting, Joel Glover, Erlend A. Nagelhus , Koen Vervaeke, Preben Morth (NCMM), Hilde Nilsen (BiO/OUS).
- NMBU: Finn-Arne Weltzien, Gaute T. Einevoll, Hans E. Plesser.
- Simula: Hans Petter Langtangen, Johan Hake.
CEO: Marianne Fyhn (IBV)